Board Member Responsibilities:
· Knowing the organization’s mission, programs, policies, and needs.
· Preparing for meetings by reviewing the agenda and supporting documentation.
· Regularly attending Board meetings and participating actively and conscientiously.
· Keeping up with issues and trends that affect the organization and the industry we serve.
· Participating in the evaluation of business operations and executives.
· Approving audit reports, budgets and business decisions.
· Contributing to the development of policies and strategic plans.
· Understanding the organization’s financial affairs and ensuring fiduciary responsibilities are met.
· Ensuring the organization complies with legal requirements.
· Maintaining confidentiality on all internal organizational affairs.
· Actively support the organization within their own sphere of influence.
· Assist with raising support for the organization as requested through their own companies or their sphere of influence by raising $25,000 in annual sponsorship.
· Represent the Alliance fairly, impartially and without bias and avoid potential conflicts of interest
Board Member Requirements:
· Sufficient time availability for Board duties
· Willingness to assist with raising organizational support
· Work within committees to help obtain set goals
· Must attend 75% of Board meetings each year
· Knowledge of the organization and the relevant industry
· Top 3 written commitments to the Board