Leading By Investing In Yourself
Our Coffee Lunch and Learn hosted Kim Cantrell as our guest on April 3, 2020. During a time when everyone is “sheltering in place” because of the Covid-19 virus, we thought we could all use some tips of using our time wisely while we are “displaced!”
Here are some of the things we learned:
- Leadership is more important than ever before.
- People need their leaders to think clearly under pressure, provide hope, vision and encouragement.
- You don’t need a title to be a leader.
- If you want to know if you are a leader, look behind and see if anyone is following.
We drew inspiration from:
Amy Cuddy – Presence.
- Remember to practice “The Power Pose” 2 minutes per day
Coaching questions you can ask yourself:
* What am I good at that brings me joy and is easy?
* What would it look like if I was working in my strengths?
* Where do I want to be this time next year?
* What would it take to get there?
Ways to Use Your Time Wisely During this Time
Follow people on social media – FB, Linkedin, Instagram – who are in the “growth” business.
- John Maxwell
- Patrick Lencioni
- Cy Wakeman
- Travis Bradberry
- Jon Gordon
- Simon Sinek
- Jon Acuff
- Andy Andrews
- Lolly Daskal
- Amy Cuddy
- Sheryl Sandberg
- LaRae Quy
- Cheryl Cran
- 2 Impact (on FB as 2 Impact, on Instagram as 2 Impact.development)
- Top 20 Career Coaches to Follow
Listen to Podcasts, Audible, TedEx Session, or read books.
Give yourself 15 minutes to 1 hour per day that is just for your own personal growth.
freemotivatorsassessment.com (from The Culture Works)
48days.com (Dan Miller)
Quote To Remember:
“On the other side of a storm is the STRENGTH that comes from having navigated through it. Raise your sail and begin.” Gregory Williams
About the Guest:
Kim Cantrell is a leadership and career coach, business consultant, speaker and trainer. She is also a new RVer! Kim is passionate about growing leaders, developing teams, and empowering businesses. Every day she strives to bring a level of enthusiasm that is contagious; and follow that up with a system of accountability.
“My commitment to clients si to use my 1 life 2 impact others!”